After nearly a week marred by a massive health scare, Lil Wayne is out of the hospital. Weezy was released earlier today, hours after his condition was updated from “critical,” to “stable.”
Beating their nemesis TMZ, to the punch, Young Money had the opportunity to break the news themselves.
Young Money president Mack Maine tweeted the good news, thanking hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles, where Weezy spent the past six days.
“Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!!” said Mack. “@LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home….God is great.”
The 30-year-old rapper was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday, according to Birdman. He was released from the ICU on Monday and was reportedly eating and walking on his own.
“He’s doing much, much better and he’s in good shape right now,” Birdman told Angie Martinez earlier in the day.
The Cash Money boss also denied reports that Wayne’s seizure was due to a drug overdose. Instead, he attributed it to a grueling work schedule and lack of rest.
Wayne suffered a series of seizures last week, leading to his most recent hospitalization. It was originally reported that the rapper was near death, claims of which were denied by his camp.